Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Journey Begins

I'm going to be honest with all of you. I've never had social media, or kept any sort of blog before. I don't really think it's necessary to keep people updated on every little aspect of my life.

But I've decided to keep a blog for the trip that I'm going on this fall, because I want to share this one amazing experience with you; my friends and family.

I want to share with you the cultures and places I will be immersed in. I want to share what I'm learning about International Development. I want to share the good, the bad, and the wacky and weird of this trip.

It is officially less than 24 hours until I leave, and I'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I'll be traveling to Asia for three months! I've never been away from home that long, and I've never been out of the country before. Ever.

I'm hoping that the sheer, hungry desire I've had to travel overseas for as long as I can remember,  as well as my fascination for learning about grassroots social and environmental change efforts, will be enough to carry me through the culture shock.

I guess there's only one way to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you an enriching and empowering experience, Emily. We look forward to following your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your travels open new worlds to you and build new friendships. You are in for the time of your life! Our Prayers are with you. Love Auntie LE & Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete